Mr. Nguyen Hung Nguyen – Starting his career at TransInfotech Vietnam in 2005, he moved to Smartlink Card., JSC (Smartlink) in 2007 where he held the position of Head of IT Department until 2011. After that, he spent 05 years in Singapore working for payment industry leaders in various positions including: Solution Consultant at FIS Global, Senior Account Manager at Visa Inc., and Product Manager at Wirecard, respectively.
Since January 2016, he has been appointed as Chief Information Officer of National Payment Corporation of Vietnam (NAPAS).
As a leading expert in Card payment industry with more than 10 years of payment solutions and consultancy experience, in his current role as CIO of NAPAS, he oversees the operations of NAPAS’s IT infrastructure and leads the development of NAPAS digitization platform which aim to make electronic payments in Vietnam faster, more secure and more convenient.
Mr. Nguyen Hung Nguyen
Chief Information Officer, National Payment Corporation of Vietnam (NAPAS)
Exemplary projects include:
– Project of providing Tokenization Payment services for Banks and Markets;
– Project of International and Domestic Payment services;
– Project of connecting ATM/POS Switching networks;
– Project of Vietnam Domestic Chip-Based Payment Card Specification (VCCS)
The success of the aforementioned projects has taken a critical part in building a firm foundation for the retail payment industry in Vietnam.
|Topic: Blockchain: The emerging trend in Payment
– About NAPAS
– Some restrictions on the development of non-cash payments (fees, customer ‘s trust and transaction risks)
– Solutions (QR, fast transfer)
– The application of Blockchain application in non-cash payments
– Introduction of NAPAS, IBM and Banks (Tentative)
– NAPAS’s vision for a new ecosystem for non-cash donations
– Summarize and conclude